TRAINING THE COMPLETE ATHLETE
Return to Basketball 2021
Preseason training in September/October. Athletes are broken into the 3 groups based on the primary stages of athletic/sport development. The components of each group will be set up as follows:
GROUP #1 - GRADE 5/6
(GIRLS PLAYING U12)
Cost - $165
Court time - 10 sessions, 2 hours of on court training per session.
Days - Thursdays 6-8 and Sundays 3:30-5:30
Content: Fundamental movement and fundamental skill development, including:
- Offensive skill development (shooting mechanics, ball handling, passing, footwork/finishing at the net with both hands)
- Conceptual defensive skills (on ball and off ball defence)
GROUP #2 - GRADE 7/8
(GIRLS PLAYING U14)
Cost - $175
Court time - 10- 11 training sessions, 2-2.5 hours of on court training per session.
Days - Tuesdays (6-8 or 6:30-9) and Sundays 5:30-7:30
Content: training will include offensive skill development, decision making and application:
- ball handling (tight spaces and open court), footwork/rim finishes, various passing techniques, shooting (off the dribble, cut, etc)
- how to gain and maintain a one second advantage
- decision making will occur with each skill, so athletes understand how to apply the learned skills in a game situation
GROUP #3 - GRADE 9-12
(GIRLS PLAYING U16 OR HIGH SCHOOL)
Cost - $175
Court time - 10 - 11 training sessions, 2 - 2.5 hours of on court training per session.
Days - Wednesdays (6-8 or 6:30-9) and Sundays 7:30-9:30
Content - training will include physical and mental preparation to get ready to play/practice at a high level:
- offensive skill development/refinement including shooting in multiple situations, how to create your own shot, ball handling, interior footwork, attacking/finishing at the rim, etc. All skills will be practiced at speed and under pressure and in various small game scenarios (2v2 & 3v3) to improve decision making skills..
- strength, conditioning and agility components of basketball will be developed
“Confidence is what happens when you’ve done the hard work that entitles you to succeed”
– Pat Summitt